Give a Gift | Crochet Chain Necklace

These crochet necklaces were one of the items I used to make for my "grown up lemonade stand" - Pink Lemonade. They are quite simple to make and I think they make great gifts!


If you know how to crochet a chain you can make this necklace.

Start your chain.



Crochet. Crochet some more... and a little more. Make a lot of chain.



Once you've got a nice pile, start wrapping it around your neck in loops that are the length you'd like the necklace to be. If you don't have enough loops, keep crocheting.


The tall one would like me to point out his outstanding photography skills. Nice work husband.

Once you reach a "thickness" or number of loops that you're comfortable with cut your yarn with a good 10 inches of extra. Tie the tail of the start of your chain to the end of the chain. 


 Take the necklace off and then begin wrapping the extra yarn around the section where you've knotted the yarn.


Once you tie it off it should look like this.


For a little bling you can add a broach to the wrapped area.

I'd like to point out that this is my first "self blog portrait" in the mirror. Giggle - I feel like I should make it my facebook profile picture or something - cause that's what the cool kids do right? Anyways... I didn't have much of a choice. It was midnight and I had no one to take the "after" picture and was far too tired to set up a tripod.


You can also wear it without the bling and put the wrapped part to the back. I think it makes it look like a cute cowl. You can could actually make a great cowl if you just kept making more chain loops.


Comments

Popular Posts