Super Hero Birthday Brunch | Part I

The girl one and the boy one have birthdays 5 days apart. This year their Auntie Crystal and her boyfriend Collin made arrangements to come down this month so we could have family at a birthday party - so cool! So, we decided to throw a combined party for our little "supers".

I find mornings a great time for toddler birthdays and so we hosted a birthday brunch. This also made it much more economical to feed 30+ guests. A cereal bar!

Over 300 pics were taken at the party so I'll split the posts up. This one will just focus on decor and tips on pulling it off.

Here is our food table.



Cityscape Backdrop - I purchased a tri-fold cardboard piece from Hobby Lobby that was already blue and glued/taped black poster board to it, topped with the yellow poster board "windows".

Comic Book Bunting - I needed "G" rated comic book pages for the bunting and came across an "Incredibles" book at the dollar store. I just cut pennants and sewed them to ribbon.




The cereals were the main course. I collected various glass containers to hold them and created custom super hero labels in photo shop. By using the same shape and "scheme" it saved a lot of time. For the graphics I searched for free graphics in google images.

Cereal Names:
Shredder Wheat
Rings of Power
Invisicharms
Thor's Hammers
Wonder Puffs
Cookie Kryptonite
Apple Jacks Bauer (My personal fave cause Jack Bauer should definitely count as a super hero!)
The Lone Granola
Captain America Crunch







We also rounded out the carb overload with Co-op donuts. They are the bomb. I also found delish Devil's Food Cake sprinkled donut holes in the Minot Walmart.




We just used inexpensive plastic table cloths for the tables and topped with our hero balloons.


Each child place setting had a super hero picture to colour (with crayons), a super mask, their plate/bowl and a juice. I fully recommend juice boxes for the kids as it cuts down on spillage exponentially!


Rather than finding helium balloons that would float I purchased balloons on a stick so we could put them in vases. Using scrapbook paper we cut masks for each balloon and just taped them on. The kids enjoyed taking these home as well.


I will say it again, a bounce house is one of the best investments a parent of a toddler can make. We use ours for EVERYTHING!!



The English one blessed us by volunteering to make a super cake for the kids. It was absolutely amazing! Everyone loved it and it tasted delicious. She included the Wonder Woman for Hanny specifically and then Batman and Superman. I love all the details and that it has clean simple lines. So beautiful. It was a great center piece!


The birthday boy and girl sitting with their cake as we sang "Happy Birthday". They are so tired.




Along one wall in the gym I had the tall one (and then Crys/Collin) create a city scape using newspaper. It's perfect as it nods to things like "The Daily Planet" newspaper and comic book prints in general plus it's already in rectangles. They taped them up the wall and then added more windows. I had created the "pop" and "Kaboom" signs on photoshop. "Badaboom" from Dafonts is a great free font you can use for your own.


As you can see the tall one is rocking Clark Kent and I at last minute decided to go as his Lois Lane. That's my press I.D. around my neck. We thought it fitting to go with Lois Lane and Clark Kent who got married and had little super babies. I made each of the kids' capes and forgot to get pictures of them. I guess we'll have to have another photo shoot!

We got most of our guests to get pics done in the photo booth - I'll share all of the fun pics with real live people in them in the next post!!!


Comments

Popular Posts